Sukamade Turtle Beach Banyuwangi East Java | Sukamade Beach, known as Turtle Beach, is located in Sarongan Village, Banyuangi East Java. This beach is in the area of Meru Betiri National Park. Beside Mount Ijen, Sukamade beach is also a famous tourism in Banyuangi. Many species of turtles are found in this beach such as green turtle and the others that lay their eggs here. It might become the biggest turtle habitat in Indonesia. In this area of 1.200 hectares grow some plantations such as rubber, chocolate and coffee palntations.
In this Sukamade Turtle Beach Banyuwangi East Java, visitors can see directly turtles laying their eggs, turltle preservation and activity of releasing hatchling into the sea. Usually turtles come to lay thier eggs in the evening. It can reaches 80 turtles coming to the beach from evening until morning. So if you want to see them laying eggs, you have to come to the beah at 20.00 p.m.
Sukamade Turtle Beach Banyuwangi East Java is almost 90 kilometers from Banyuwangi downtown,and it takes approximately 3 hours journey from the town. The track is quite challanging in almost 30 Km to the beach. There are some beaches around Sukamade beach such as Rajegwesi beach and Teluk Hijau Beach, but visitors mostly come to Sukamade beach to see the turtles.
To go to Sukamade Beach, you can drive approximately 6-7 hours from Surabaya/Malang towards Banyuangi, then continue to the beach using 4 WD transportation about 3 hours from Banyuangi, or you can use travel agent. Little information about Sukamade beach might become your reference to get holliday there.
Sukamade Beach Banyuwangi, can be reached from Banyuwangi city to the northwest or from Jember to the north-east. The journey required the Jeep 4 WD like in Mount Bromo Jeep or you can take a large truck, Hiring a local guide for Information is one of the most used in exploration.
The Jeep 4 WD in Banyuwangi with is certainly the most comfortable way. The roads are very rough and several rivers need crossing via fords (there are no bridges) a regular van very worried crossing to this beach. After you get Sukamade area , You should find an accommodation or Hotel at Sukamade Beach to stay one night in order to be easy for Turtle Expolation. Most visitors start their Journey from Surabaya, Malang and some from Banyuwangi. The nearest way is from Banyuwangi Regency only 4 hours driving.
Detail itinerary for Sukamade Tour Package 2 Days and 1 Night :
Day 1 : Banyuwangi Ketapang harbour – Kalibaru – Meru Betiri National Park
- Pick you up by AC (air conditioned) car at Banyuwangi Ketapang harbour or Kalibaru (train station, Bali Airport, Hotel) then take you to Meru Betiri National Park with jeep through plantations and tropical rainforest. On the way stop at long beach, then stop at the gate of Meru Betiri National Park, continue by jeep to Rajekwesi fishermen village (500 – 750 m).
- Then continue the trip to sukamade guest house ( the most difficult one, four wheel drive vehicle mostly recommended), and stop at Teluk Damai (literally translated means “PEACE BAY”). Upon arrival in Sarongan village, you will be crossing the biggest plantation of coffee, cocoa, rubber (the crops can be seen on the way to sukamade) After you have arrived at Sukamade guesthouse, take a shower, rest until dinner time. It’s time to recharge your camera and handycam battery and tour starts at 8 pm.
- After dinner, proceed to Sukamade beach to withness the green turtles lying their hundreds of eggs (sightings are not guaranteed). Possibility to visit the Turtle hatchery or Park Ranger Office (possible to see the turtle hatchlings all the time of year). Sitting on the beach to wait for the signals from park ranger who search for the turtle, you are not allowed to smoke, turn on the flashlight, loud talking or making any loud noises. If we are lucky to find the turtle and watch the wonderful processing of laying eggs, we go back to guest house and overnight in Sukamade guesthouse.
Day 2 : Sukamade – Kalibaru/Banyuwangi/Ketapang harbour
- After breakfast, depart for Sukamade beach to bring baby turtle from turtle hatchery to the beach, then releasing baby turtle to Indian ocean (subject to seasson and ranger’s schedule). Afterward drive back to Banyuwangi district. Transfer to Kalibaru village, Banyuwangi, Ketapang harbour.
- Note : Possibility to change program itinerary, If you have other necessaries
Tour Price Sukamade Turtle Beach Banyuwangi East Java Have Included :
- Private jeep 4×4 wheel drive
- English speaking driver
- 1 night in Sukamade guesthouse
- Ranger and English tour guide
- 1 x local dinner and breakfast
- 1 x Lunch box
- All donation base on program
- Daily mineral water 1 bottle / person / day
- Tour guide services (avalaible on request)
- Entrance tickets
- Camera/Handycam/Video admission fee
- Unmentioned tour program / optional tour
- Unmentioned meals
- Personal expenses
- Personal insurances
Mount Bromo Tour Package from Bali, Malang, Yogyakarta and Bali Island
Mount Bromo Songa Rafting Tour 2 Days
Mt. Bromo Camping Tour 2 Days
Semeru Volcano and Mt. Bromo Tour 5 Days
Mount Bromo Midnight Tour 1 Night 1 Day
Mount Bromo Madakaripura Waterfall Tour 2 Days
Mount Ijen Crater Tour Package 2 Days
Mount Bromo Milky Way Tour for Photography
Mount Bromo and Semeru Trekking Tour 4 Days
Ijen Crater Tour Package, Mount Bromo Trekking 3 Days
Mount Bromo Tour, Kumbolo Lake Camping 3 Days
Mt Bromo Ijen Crater Baluran Tour 3 Days
Mt. Semeru Summit Trekking Tour 3 Days
Mt. Semeru Volcano Trekking Tour 4 Days
Mount Bromo b29 Camping Tour 3 Days
Information about Sukamade Turtle Beach, East Java Indonesia
If you are interested to enjoy the beauty of “Sukamade Turtle Beach of Java Island” You can start from Surabaya Airport, Malang City, Bali, and Banyuwangi Ketapang Harbor. For detail information about Mt Bromo Tour Price, Ijen Crater Tour, Semeru Trekking Tour, tour itinerary, personnal planning and Hotel, you can contact Us here